iLostFinder is featured as the best anti-theft app for iPhone. It will prevent others from powering off your iPhone in case it gets lost and prevent them from disabling Internet on the lost device. Besides, iLostFinder will help you to find your lost iPhone by taking photo of the thief and sending it to your Email. Check the user guide below to set it up.
- Launch Cydia and search for “iLostFinder”. Install iLostFinder or iLostFinder Pro from BigBoss Source.
For more details about installation, go to Download and Install iLostFinder.
- Go to Settings, scroll down and find iLostFinder. Enter the password(default password is 1234) to login to this tweak to start configuration.
ilostFinder starts working immediately after being installed.
- Password – The password is used to protect iLostFinder Settings and the alert sound/message.
- Hide Cydia – If you enable this option, the Jailbreak Info will be hidden on screen.
- Just type cydia:// in Safari to launch Cydia when it is hidden.
Power Off event is important. "Prevent Power Off" will prevent your device from being powered off by pressing the power button. If the password is not correctly entered in 10 seconds, it will trigger actions including: "show alert message" , "play alarm sound", "take photo of the thief and send by email".
As soon as the thief or someone gets the iPhone, the first and also the most common thing he will do is to power off the iPhone. By detecting this event, ilostFinder will stop the thief from powering off your device and trigger alerts. You can get more chance to catch the thief through the alarm sound.
The thief may pull out SIM card to disable Internet Mobile data(4G/3G/2G). If this event is detected on the iDevice, it will trigger the alarm system, including taking photo of the thief, playing alarm sound and showing alert message. You can win more chance to get back your iPhone/iPad/iPod when you hear the alarm sound.
iLostFinder Pro will prevent the thief from disabling Internet(Wifi/2G/3G/4G) or turning on Airplane Mode on the idevice when it is not protected by a Passcode. Even if the thief pulls out SIM card, the iPhone/iPad can still connect to Internet through Wifi. Thus, you can use “Find My iPhone” to locate your lost iPhone.
If the thief enters wrong passcode, it will also trigger the alerts and send photo by email, which will help you get back your lost device. "Allowed failed passcode attempts" allows you to set after how many times of failed attempts to trigger the alert. It is useful to reduce false alarms.
- Enable “Find My iPhone” on your iPhone/iPad/iPod. Connect your iDevice to a known personal hotspot (Eg: your friend’s shared personal mobile hotspot). If your device is lost, turn on personal hotspot on the other phone and walk around. The lost iPhone/iPad/iPod will connect to your personal hotspot automatically so that you know it is nearby and you can use "Find My iPhone" to locate it and play sound. You can also connect your idevice to public Wifi, so that it won’t lost Internet when nearby.
Show Alert Message
When the alarm sound is played, a message will pop up, telling the people who have picked up your phone your contact information. Therefore, you can negotiate with the people to get back your iPhone.
- Take a photo: Take photo of the thief on events.
- Save photo to album: The photo will be automatically saved to the Albums.
- Send the Photo by Email: The photo of the thief will be automatically sent to your Email.
Here are suggested alert messages:
- Please give back the iPhone and you will get $100 as rewards. Contact me XXXXXXX.
- You have been photographed and the photo has been sent to me. Please contact XXXXXX to return the iPhone.
- The photo will be automatically sent to your Email address through iLostFinder mail sever. You don’t need to set SMTP.
- If you have problem receiving emails. You can also enable the option “Optional Custom SMTP” to set your own SMTP.
- Common SMTP: Gmail, Hotmail, AOL Mail…
- For more info, check here
Remove iLostFinder with Cydia:
- Launch Cydia on the target device.
- Tap Packages (Manage –Packages on iPhone)
- Find and tab on ilostFinder
- Touch Modify –Remove to uninstall ilostFinder